Thank you for your interest in the TCSD Dual Immersion Program.
Because of the district's capacity and family interest in the program, student enrollment is conducted by a lottery system. There are four Dual Immersion Kindergarten classes. To achieve the 50/50 student ratio model, half of the students in each class are native Spanish speakers and half are native English speakers. The process for the lottery is as follows:
1. A parent/guardian must attend one of two parent forums in order for their child to be entered into the lottery. These meetings are held in the spring. Dates are posted on this web page once the forums have been scheduled.
2. Parents must bring their child to one of the Jackson Elementary School (JES) Kindergarten screenings held in the spring. Dates for the 2017-2018 school year screenings have not yet been set.
3. A Dual Immersion Program lottery entry form must be completed and submitted to TCSD. The 2016-2017 lottery period is closed. We are not currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 lottery. All incoming Kindergartners are invited to apply. The Dual Immersion classrooms are balanced demographically (gender, Kindergarten readiness, etc.) to mirror the Kindergarten population.
4. The lottery is held each May, with notification letters being sent by mid-June.
5. Dual Immersion Kindergarten teachers will hold an informational meeting for new Dual Immersion families before the start of the 2017/2018 school year.
For more information, please contact Heather Goodrich, Second Language Learner Instructional Coach email@example.com or Chad Ransom, Director of Second Langauge Learners firstname.lastname@example.org