Procedure to obtain PTSB Credit offered by TCSD1
In District Professional Development
Teton County School District 1 offers many opportunities throughout the school year for certfied staff to participate in Professional Development and receive PTSB credit, free of charge. In order to receive credit, participants must do the following:
- Log on to the Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board website to determine if you actually need credit. In most cases, you only need 5 credits in 5 years to renew your license.
- When you arrive at a TCSD Training, find your name on the sign in sheet and sign in the signature box.
- Answer the question on the sign in sheet, "Do you need PTSB credit for today's event?"
- Turn in your exit ticket to the event facilitator.
Out of District Professional Development
- Conferences or workshops offered outside of TCSD1 may be eligible for PTSB credit. Participants should contact Wyoming PTSB to find out if the event will qualify and how to obtain credit. Conferences that advertise to participants that they will receive PTSB credit have (most likely) pre-approved the conference with PTSB and will submit credit directly. Participants should contact the conference host with questions about how to obtain credit.
For more information about obtaining PTSB Credit, click on the PowerPoint link below.
The credits earned during the 2015-2016 School Year will be entered by June 30, 2016.