As your counselor, my primary goal is to be a resource to assist in serving the needs of the entire school community…students, teachers, parents, and administration. I will work in collaboration with the JES community to facilitate the positive academic, personal, and social growth within our children. There are many services we will provide within the school. Here are a few things we offer:
- Student Groups (Social Skills, Friendship, Anxiety, Grief and Loss, Changing Families, etc.)
- Individual Counseling
- Parenting Information, Outreach and Resources
- Behavior Support
- Classroom Counseling using the Second Step Curriculum
- Bullying Prevention
- And Many More!
Please contact us with any questions.
We are always available to help!
School Social Worker
JES Parent Resource Library...
(You Can Borrow from Us!)
- 1-2-3 Magic – Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas W. Phelan, Ph.D.
- Taking Charge of ADHD, the Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents by Russell Barkley Ph.D.
- Your Defiant Child by Russell A. Barkley Ph.D. & Christine Benton Raising Cain,
- Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys by Dan Kindlon Ph.D. & Michael Thompson Ph.D.
- How to Talk so your Kids Will Listen, How to Listen so your Kids Will Talk, by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish
- Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters by Meg Meeker, M.D.
- How Children Succeed by Paul Tough
- Freeing your Child from Anxiety by Tamar E. Chansky Ph.D.
- Reviving Ophelia, Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls by Mary Pipher Ph.D.
- Setting Limits with your Strong-willed Child: Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm and Respectful Boundaries by Robert J. MacKenzie
- Love and Logic: Sibling Rivarly
- Love and Logic: Winning the Homework Battle
|Keep checking back because we will be updating information regularly!