The School Board and Administration of Teton County School District #1 desire to make a sincere commitment to encourage and facilitate the active participation of students in the administration of their own education. To this end, the District states the following rationale for providing the opportunity for junior and senior students to become members of the School Board:
• Youth members and their constituents are the recipients of educational services provided by the District.
• Youth members have new and different perspectives.
• Youth members will help to keep the Board focused on student success.
• Youth members will ask clarifying questions.
• Youth members will create a direct link from the discussions and decisions made by the Board to the youth of our community.
• Youth members will involve other young adults in the research and discussions leading to Board decisions.
• Youth members will advise the Board of the views of their constituency.
• Youth members will assist with community support for District initiatives.
• Youth members will learn valuable citizenship and vocational skills for their future.
• Youth members will add enthusiasm and value to Board work
Learn and Apply
The student BOE job description will be available soon for new members.
Teton County School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in relation to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. This policy governs all matters concerning staff, students, educational programs and services, and individuals with whom the School District does business.
The notice shall include a reference to the person and the address and telephone number of the staff member designated to coordinate civil rights compliance. For purposes of this School District, that person shall be the Superintendent or Title IX/504/Communications Coordinator email@example.com at 307-733-2704 or PO Box 568, Jackson WY 83001