TCSD provides 1:1 MacBook Airs for students in grades 9-12 and 1:1 iPads for students in grades 6-8. These devices are assigned to students for the school year and may be taken home to complete school related assignments. Elementary students grades 4 and 5 work in an 1:1 environment with iPads while at school, students do not take the devices home. Students in grade K-3 share iPads under a two to 1 ratio. Teachers are issued iPads and MacBooks.
Acceptable Use Policy
- Student Acceptable Use Agreement
- Student Damage Fee Structure, secondary students only
- Student Device Insurance (enrollment period is open at the start of each school year)
- Staff Acceptable Use Agreement
- Staff Device Insurance (enrollment period is open at the start of each school year)
Device insurance is available for students and staff: If you were issued 1:1 devices (Apple MacBook Air and/or iPad 6) you are eligible to purchase device insurance from Safeware. This insurance provides coverage in excess of that provided by warranties, and protects you from adverse events such as loss, damage or theft. This is optional, but does provide extra coverage. Please check with TCSD regarding open enrollment dates.